Help us with snow removal; avoid getting towed!
From December 1 to April 1, overnight parking is prohibited between midnight and 6 a.m. when a snow removal operation is in progress, until the snow removal operation notice is lifted. There is free parking in municipal lots.
Notices are transmitted by 5 p.m. at the latest:
- on electronic signs located throughout Longueuil;
- by calling 311 (or 450-463-7311 for people not in Longueuil);
- on the longueuil.quebec home page;
- on the Ville de Longueuil Facebook and Twitter pages;
- by subscribing to email notices
Vehicle owners are responsible for checking whether a snow removal operation is scheduled.
We keep going even after it stops snowing!
Following initial snow removal operations, the city may need to blow snow or spread abrasives, depending on the amount and type of precipitation in the forecast.
In this case, temporary no-parking signs will be placed in the streets.
Keep an eye out for them!
Vehicles that are parked illegally will receive a $100 fine, in addition to applicable fees, and may be towed or moved.
Help us with snow clearing!
The cooperation of residents is essential to smooth snow removal operations, speeding things up considerably and improving the quality of snow removal.
Here are few tips to help with snow removal operations:
- Respect the overnight no-parking rule when a snow removal notice is in effect or when the yellow temporary signs are out.
- Place your garbage and recycling bins in your driveway, on your property.
- Shovel snow onto your property and not on sidewalks, public roads, paths, and/or fire hydrants.
- Prune any trees that are obstructing public roads or sidewalks, or hiding road signs.
If you have any questions regarding snow-removal, please refer to the Frequently-Asked Questions page.